Ram Help!!!!!!!!

blake12345

Beta member
Hey,

Now im not to crash hot with computers but im looking at putting alot more ram into my computer. I have had the computer built for me. It has an ASUS motherboard. I pulled out the ram i had in there and got the numbers of it and these are:

DDR-400 , 0101 - 06C6 , & MDADR528LA.

These numbers were all serperate and yeh the brand i think is Pqi. But anyway what im getting to is what am i looking for if im buying the ram off the net? & does all ram fit computers or what? I also saw something when i was looking about pins how do i know this? Im trying to get it as cheap as i can as im a student and havent got that much cash.

Thank for any help
Blake

Like shantei said, its PC3200 which means 184 pin size RAM. Any RAM stick with 184 pin should fit into your mobo. I bought a 512 RAM stick for my 4 year old desktop from newegg for 30 bucks total. It made a real difference. Here's a link for newegg with a list of RAM. Depending on how much RAM you need, you cant beat the prices at newegg. You can get 2 gigs of RAM for 50-60 bucks which is cheap but what ever you can afford. Just choose your capacity on the left.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N=2010170147+1052407862&name=DDR+400+(PC+3200)

How many RAM slots do you have? Depending on how many slots you have we can recommend you different things. Also what OS are you running and how much RAM do you currently have?

I have 2 ram slots. Im wanting to run 3D software and the 1GB i have just wont do wat i want so i was thinking maybe getting 4GB. Would i be able to get 4GB to fit into 2 slots? Also does anyone know where i can get cheap ram from?

Thanks

Blake

Back
Top Bottom