Ram and another question

clandestinex337

In Runtime
Alright so i built my new comp, and it only lets me use 1g of my 1.5g i have (3 sticks of 512) so i guess i have to have an even number of sticks for them to work with my MB, and my comp seems like it isnt running AMD 3800+ x2 Dual Core, my old computer seemed faster, but i had 1.5 gigs in my last, so would a half of a gig really make a big differnece? SO what ram is the "Best" or is good for its price. Also could my HD make it run slow also? But yea what would make everything "Load" faster? Is it the Memoery, or the Processor, that makes things load faster? So yea any recommendations for ram would be awesome i have the
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136151
DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

Also with my new computer it starts up from being off, and when i first fire it up, but when i choose like reset from the windows options, the computer is on it just doesnt restart, i have the lil "restart sw" wire hooked in the right spot. again any help would be usefull.

Well usually the it's the ram that makes the programs load faster. But if u have very slow cpu and/or hdd it will increase the loading times.
I wouldn't get quality ram. Anything else than that from good manufacturers is going to be great.

Some good ram manufacturers: Kingston, Corsair, GEIL, and Mushkin. And there is many more.

mammikoura said:
Well usually the it's the ram that makes the programs load faster. But if u have very slow cpu and/or hdd it will increase the loading times.
I wouldn't get quality ram. Anything else than that from good manufacturers is going to be great.

Some good ram manufacturers: Kingston, Corsair, GEIL, and Mushkin. And there is many more.

well my CPU is the AMD 3800+ x2 Dual Core, so i dont think its that, i only have a old 40g HD, and my RAM is KIngstion 512 DDR.

Do you know why my computer doesnt restart when i choose resart? it just sits there, the comp is running it just doesnt restart

yeah that's a good cpu.

U should definately get more ram, the more ram the faster everything runs and loads. And for the hdd how much RPM does it have? If it's 7200 then it's fine, if it's lower then it's quite slow.

mammikoura said:
yeah that's a good cpu.

U should definately get more ram, the more ram the faster everything runs and loads. And for the hdd how much RPM does it have? If it's 7200 then it's fine, if it's lower then it's quite slow.

does it say it on the hdd? ill check that out when i get home, my bro said serial HDD are goood i guess

clandestinex337 said:
does it say it on the hdd? ill check that out when i get home, my bro said serial HDD are goood i guess

I don't think it does.
U can download everest (www.lavalys.com I think) and it might show u. I have 2 hdds and everest tells me that 1 is 7200 RPM and doesn't tell about the other one so I can't be sure if it will tell u. But u can always try.

If u want a really fast hdd u could buy a raptor, though they do cost damn much for the 74GB (or something like that) storage that they provide.
But any 7200 RPM or faster will be good.

Back
Top Bottom