RAID Problems

AgEnTaDs

Beta member
Okay, so I have 2 250GB SATAs hooked up to the RAID ports on my moboard. They've been working fine in RAID 0 for maybe half a year now. Randomly, my computer stops booting. I check the drive assignments, and it turns out one is on the array, and somehow the other is free, not on the array. I know I can easily fix this by reformatting/reinstalling, but I need the data on the drives intact. How can I fix this? Without reformatting could I somehow get the drives working in a diffferent computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The information that you are seeking is it just on the one drive or is it installed on both drives?
If only on the one then just back it up to a disc. Then I would completely redo the raid arrangement and reformat and reinstall If it is not paired evenly between the two discs then it will not locate the information properly and will either lock up searching for the info or completely lose it. Which may be your problem to begin with.

Well its RAID 0, it combines the drives, so I'm not sure how much is on each drive, I'm assuming there's at least a little bit on each.

Back
Top Bottom