radio interference on the am dial

chizlr40

Beta member
i am a new user of the computer, but as i have found out its everywhere. i have a amd processor and for some reason i keep getting interference on the radio dial but only on am. is this something i could get a filter for or is it in the way my setup is built. its a high pitched squealing noise that goes away if i shut down the system.

Um.... where is this radio located in relation to the computer? Have you tried moving the two further from each other or anything like that?

the whine noise is on all our radios.i can hear it in the car until i am about 60 feet away from the outside wall of my home. thanks for the reply,i can get additional info on my set up if you think you can help.

Well, that doesn't sound like it's being caused by the computer itself. It could be the house's power itself. A computer would not be nearly powerful enough to cause interference that far away.

when i first got this computer there was no noise. afriend of mine upon installing a noisy cooling fan damaged the motherboard and replaced it.i really didnt notice any noise for a while.no its constant,mostly in the 900 to 1200 bands. you can hear the noise whine down as the processor shuts down. any thoughts? its more of a nusiance that anything and i cant seem to locate the friend that did the motherboard replacement for any advice.thanks

Back
Top Bottom