Radeon X700 Pro

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
I want to buy a video card for no more than $300 canadian, i want the company to be ATI(if possible), and it has to be PCI-E x16 (i already went through this for AGP graphics card but then i found out that i had PCI-E slot).
I want to play half life 2/CS:S...

this is the card i came up with but everybody i talk to say i shouldn't buy it.

RADEON® X700 PRO 256MB PCI EXPRESS

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodd...0926INGFS10053954&catid=20397&newdeptid=20374

it fits my budget and from what i know about graphic cards it should play half life 2/CS:S and other newer games.

I was just wondering if you new of a better graphics card that fits my budget

Well, if you wanted to save some money, you could get a X800 XL. It's a pretty good card for your money...can almost compete with the 6800 GT for about a $100 bucks less.

I don't want to order stuff over the internet. Plus i'm to young to have a credit card too order it.

Ah, so am I. :D Why don't you want to order stuff over the Internet? It's so much cheaper... I would really recommend it, and I don't know of anyone who has ever gotten a damaged fragile thing over the Internet. What's there to lose when you save 150 bucks!

no my man the x700 is supposed to be against the 6600gt (or so i think) and teh 6600gt pwns it. i was an ATI fan and hated Nvidia until i got my new 6600gt and i love both companies now. You will not be dissappointed with a 6600gt, and im canadian and bought locally Halifx Nova Scotia, and it came to with taxes $305.80

I went to future shop site to compare the two on the specs of the cards, not the prices, and i noticed that the 6600 gt does not support direct x. is there any diference between direct x and direct 3d?

No, it does. I don't know why it was on there, but it does. Everything supports DirectX. It has to!

o ok, for the x700 will it play hl2 and CS:S without legging? thats the only thing that i'm concernd about if i go with it.

Back
Top Bottom