Quit Applications

jay_r

Beta member
applications don't fully quit in my computer. they still run in the background. say, i played counter-strike then i quit playing the game, you wont see counter strike in the applications tab of the task manager but you'll see it running in the processes tab. this bothers me because i have to end these "suppose-to-be-quitted" applications in the task manager in order for me to free the pc resources and run other applications.

what could be the problem? is it a virus? or is it the windows? i scanned the system already, and no virus was found. i also have the same problem in two other computers with different hardware specifications.

i tried to reinstall the windows, but it's still the same. below are the specifications of my main computer.

intel PIV 2.4
asus mothrboard
nvidia gforceFX5200 128mb
512 rAM
80Gig
windows xp sp1 with all the patches available

please help.

thank you!

I've been at this a long time,W3 to Wme-1992-now.
I havn't even come close to this.When i say quit it quits.
Then i play another game or go on to something else.
I don't usually answer XP ?'s but read the XP Help.
:D

this problem happens to all applications--games, yahoo messager, etc. i consulted an MIS manager about this. he said that he had the same problem with his system running in win98. he cant fix it so he resorted to killing his disk.

but i dont want to do the same if an easier solution is possible.

FYI: my pcs are frequently used in gaming and internet surfing; i got dsl connection; winxp is fully patched. virus scanner is up to date.

thanks!

jay_r said:
this problem happens to all applications--games, yahoo messager, etc. i consulted an MIS manager about this. he said that he had the same problem with his system running in win98. he cant fix it so he resorted to killing his disk.

but i dont want to do the same if an easier solution is possible.

FYI: my pcs are frequently used in gaming and internet surfing; i got dsl connection; winxp is fully patched. virus scanner is up to date.

thanks!

Do you really mean to say if you load MS Ofiice,create and save a Doc.That clicking the x in the top right hand corner gives you an argument ?
Really now this is absurd to say the least.
:rolleyes:
I think your doing too much at once.Who is MIS ? If it's your isp,get another.
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
Try here anyway.You do have to scan,not just auto protect.

yeah, i guess i have to reinstall first the windows. if this would not solve the problem, then i better reformat.

thanks!

jay_r said:
yeah, i guess i have to reinstall first the windows. if this would not solve the problem, then i better reformat.

thanks!
This is a quick fix and might happen again so good luck as you won't try to fix it now.Only drop back later when it happens again.right ?
Good Luck.
:p

Back
Top Bottom