quick noob question

Kevo274

Solid State Member
Does having dual or quad core processors double and quadruple your GHz. My friend says it does but I didn't think so haha and now I'm j/w

Does having dual or quad core processors double and quadruple your GHz. My friend says it does but I didn't think so haha and now I'm j/w

no it dosent cuz its 2 proccers runnin side by side, not together,example:

core 2 duo E6600(2.66ghz)used

side by side:2 cores running at 2.66ghz

together:1 core running at 5.32ghz

they run at 2.6ghz each therefore cutting down load/boot times,but not as 1 core doing all the workcuz that would be slower

dont think i made a good explanation.....

it's not necessarily doubling or quadrupling your CPU's frequency, it's just adding more cores running at the same frequency. it's like having more workers that work at the same speed doing the job and sharing the workload rather than one worker that works faster if that helps at all.

it's not necessarily doubling or quadrupling your CPU's frequency, it's just adding more cores running at the same frequency. it's like having more workers that work at the same speed doing the job and sharing the workload rather than one worker that works faster if that helps at all.

perfect explanation

@D88-omg wut happend to"cant sleep chuck norris will eat me"!?

yeah its the same as the AMD athlon x2 dual core processor like mine it is like having 2 cpu's instead of one the quickest way to check how many processers you have is to click Ctrl+Alt+delete (task manager) on the top click performance and where it says CPU usage history if you have 1,2 or 4 charts there thats the number of processor cores you have.

Back
Top Bottom