Quick ISO Checklist

serani

In Runtime
So I've been playing around with Linux again...now that their is a distro for every flavor of the rainbow..

And in my most recent attempts I'm having serious issues making a bootable disk. I am using imgburn software (though I've tried several)

I write the single .iso file to the disc and wait for it to finish.

Thereafter I boot the computer (I've also tried these discs on a couple different computers) from the CD-ROM and I Just get a flashing underscore.

It's just been a while since I messed with this stuff and I have to be forgetting something simple..as I don't remember this being rocket science.

Thanks Guys

try pressing the boot options button and boot from cd drive it may be having probs for some reason my old os disk did this.

Are you saying I should go into the BIOS and select only the CD-ROM?

Or are you saying to pull up the boot options ( separate from BIOS ) and boot that way?

Either way I've tried both :( lol

sorry man i have no idea, h=have you tried making another disk it may be a bad disk or a bod copy.

Ya I've downloaded a few different .iso's, I've already burned the disc several times (different discs)

nada :9

sorry bro i have no idea try putting in a blank disk does it blink when you pop that in or what? thats wierd are there other version older than that that you can use.

Make sure the cd-rom is set to boot FIRST in the BIOS. Put the disc in, then exit BIOS (saving changes, if any), Reboot. If that doesn't work, then it should be a problem with the burning process.

Can someone recommend some quality freeware that I can use to easily burn the .iso's

I've tried a few but what the hell..I'm running out of options haha

Back
Top Bottom