Quick and Easy Question.

Liminator

In Runtime
When I'm on the desktop and the computer by itself just restarts, is that an overheating problem or a power problem. It only happens after I play a game or something. I'm also getting artifacts but ATI Tool doesn't detect any. I think only certain shades of grey are replaced by bright yellow.

Specs:
AMD Athlone 64 3000+ 1.8GHz
7600 GS 512MB AGP
2 Gigs RAM
169.21 forceware

Could be overheating, a memory problem, a video card problem or even a software incompatibly problem.

The artifacts point to a graphics problem. Could be overheating or the card is starting to fail. Check to make sure the fan is working properly and there is adequate cooling in the case.

if its not your cooling then its probably a bad sector on your hard drive. to see if it is, you should run windows error disk check. Or you can go to your adminstrative tools and look in the event viewer then click system and look for a bad block error.

hhmmm, the replacing pixels sounds like mabey its ur video card that over heating

then again, could be ne of the other probles we have suggested

Artifacts are mostly caused by overheating. Pop the side panel off and check the fans. Make sure they're running. While you have the side off it wouldn't hurt to clean out the case. Shut the system down and blow it out with canned air. Hold the fans with a pencil to keep them from spinning while you clean them. Use a cotton swab on the fan blades.
When you're finished start the system back up. If it all looks good put the side panel back on. If any of the fans are running slow or studdering, replace them.

Cleaned out my case, checked volume for errors and I'm still getting the artifacts. Any other ideas?

I'd say the video card is having issues. Could be some bad memory. You should contact the video card manufacturer about getting it replaced if it's still under warranty.

Check fan speeds using something like rivatuner or even ntune. See if it can be set any higher and double check that it is not melted. That happened to me when I played oblivion on my ATI X700 Pro. I just bought a cheap aftermarket cooler and it worked perfectly again.

Back
Top Bottom