Quick answer please

hey guys cheers for the quick response,
currently have a 250 w PSU so yes i am going to definately buy a new one off www.dabs.com when i order my gfx card, but i am concerned because the 6200 doesnt need a seperate psu cable connected to it where as the 7900gt does so,, im kinda stumped because it needs to have the following,
atleast 400 watts
connection to connect to 7900gt
be able to fit in my case??
something about pins???
what else will i need to check up on?
is there a way i can find out what PSUs fit into my mobo with using the mobo name?915p chipset??

well most mobos have either 20 or 24 pin power connection. And then you can buy stuff like 20 to 24 pin converters if the psu only has 20 pins and the mobo needs 24. Though sometimes even if the mobo has 24pins a psu with 20pin cable will work. (check the mobo manual for this) But it would be ideal to have the same amount of pins.
As for the psu cable going to the vid card, if the vid card doesn't take a normal 4 pin molex (which is what most of the psu cables are) then you should get a converted with the vid card. (you plug the 4pin molex to the other end of the converter and then the vid card to the other)

And yes, fitting in your case would be a good thing. :D I think they give dimensions of the vid card on most online shops, so you can measure the case and make sure it fits.

Usually, when the card comes in, it should come with the 6-pin convertor, so you're alright.

ok thanks, can someone tell me how many pins 915p chipset has so i know which PSU would work best with it.
ty

just a qs i read that sometimes your computer will bottle neck and i am curious will my processor be able to keep up with my card??look up for specs

just open the case and take a look at the mobo. You should be able to count the number of pins the mobo main power connector has.

There is two connecters from the PSU going into the mobo one is larger than the other,then one is going into my cd drive one to my hard disk and thats it.

I currently have the model E190414
which says ac input 100-240 is this enough juice??

If anyone knows any good PSUs which are 450w+ and can connect to PCI-e and an 915p chipset for under £70 please tell me.
cheers

shankles said:
There is two connecters from the PSU going into the mobo one is larger than the other,then one is going into my cd drive one to my hard disk and thats it.

The smaller one is the 4pin one that connect near the cpu. The bigger one is what you are looking for, it should be either 20 or 24 pin, so check it to be sure. And every psu can connect to the vid card, the vid card should come with a converter if you are going to need one. The cable from the psu that connects to the converter is the same 4pin molex that you have connected to your cd drive & hdd. If no converter is needed then you just plug that 4pin molex to the vid card and you are good to go.

mammikoura said:
The smaller one is the 4pin one that connect near the cpu. The bigger one is what you are looking for, it should be either 20 or 24 pin, so check it to be sure. And every psu can connect to the vid card, the vid card should come with a converter if you are going to need one. The cable from the psu that connects to the converter is the same 4pin molex that you have connected to your cd drive & hdd. If no converter is needed then you just plug that 4pin molex to the vid card and you are good to go.

thanks that helped alot but do you know any good PSUs that fit the requirements i said??

ty again

Back
Top Bottom