Specs:
Dell Dimension E510
3.0 P4 HT
Intel Chipset
1024 RAM
Intergrated radeon 256 x600se
Intergrated Ethernet
Intergrated Sound

ok i have 1024 mb of ram but because my ati 256mb video card is intergrated and because of my processes when i start up it leaves me with only 621mb of ram.. now i play dod source..ALOT and i want to know if i should insert another 512 (2x256).... will my computer lag if i dont use all of my ram? and also my computer kinda like freezes sometimes, knocks me out of steam alot.. could i have faulty ram or is it because its a new computer? (bought it 3 weeks ago)...

Also what is with this HT technology bs.. if i am only using one application what good is HT technology? whatever i dont get it..

Yet again.. everything on my computer is intergrated and i know the negitives of that.. but is there any positives?

i hope you guys can put it the time to answer this questions.. it will be greatly appreciated

adding ram will almost always increase performance, and HT technology will help because u might only be playing dod but there are background programs running and HT tech is a boost of performance

Dont really think there is any positive on that one,you have a gb of ram instead of getting some more ram. I would try to get a new video card..

He likes to play alot of games as he said he plays source, why not just get a video card integrated does suck we all know that one. 1gb of ram is fine, im sure if you ask anyone they would get a video card then some more ram especially when they have integrated. With the new card he will have 1gb of ram not 621...I duno i think a new video card will help you out..

but since i have an integrated, how would i install it? (i dont feel like paying someone) i heard intels are bad compared to amds for gaming...

looks like i screwed up on this project lol

Well it depends if you have a agp or pci-e its preety easy. You get the card, then uninstall your integrated one through control panel, you then pop in your new video card then install the drivers and your good to go. Its easier then you think, as long as you have an agp or pci-e slot it will be easy. If you dont then ehh you wont be doing extreme gaming cause most of the new games need high end card, integrated just wont cut it. And pci cards suck ass...

god everything gets outdated fast.my 3.0 processor is gonna become outdated in... well it probably already is.

says on my bios i got a slot free do i really need to uninstall my integrated? can i do raid 0 with graphic cards lol... seriously though i heard nvidia is the king of fast framerates.. is that true? i want like 60-80, any card you can reccomend? (pci-e)

Slow down lol, dont think there is such thing as raid 0 for gpu's lol its sli. Scalable link interface this is where you take 2 video cards and use them on one computer. Now to do this you have to have 2 open pci-e 16x slots open on your computer. If you have a 16x pci-e slot then thats good. How much do you want to spend on a video card?

Lol yes you have to uninstall your integrated. Not physically though its built into your mobo you just have to disable it when your installing your new video card that is if you buy one..

Back
Top Bottom