Questions about my dell

It's the mobo that contains the setting for FSB, which is multiplied by your CPU's multiplier (which is always locked unless you have a QX or similar series CPU or engineering sample).

I'm not a fan of Raidmax cases, their build quality really sucks. You would get hardly any exhaust flow out of the case because of the restricting fan grills on the back. If you do get that case, I would cut them out.

I also don't know anything about their PSU's. My friend is running one he bought separate. He doesn't game much, but it's lasted at least a year.

I think I've decided on a cheap case and a separate PSU. Might be my best option. This is what I have selected:

APEVIA PSU
Rosewill Case

Hopefully these 2 will go well together. Tell me if there's anything bad with them. I can't stress enough that I need a 400+W PSU and a solid case with decent airflow to last me. I don't care how they look. They just need to last a machine that will have a HD2600PRO at most. And an Allendale. Has to be $50-60. If the PSU is good, the case is sturdy, then I'm buying it.

I don't see why they wouldn't work. I don't know about Apevia's quality though, if someone else wants to chime in regarding that.

I looked up Apevia...they had some decent reviews. But I don't want to risk a bad unit. How about this: Thermaltake PSU. Highest rated at newegg.

If you thing the Apevia is a better bang for the buck I'll take it.

Newegg review=crap.

Thermaltake PSU's are fine though, I'd go with that over Apevia.

The Thermaltake PSU isn't bad, but the 12V rail is weak. As long you won't be running both a power hungry CPU and GPU off it, you should be OK though. It should handle a 2600 and an Allendale.

For the case, I used to have the Cooler Master Elite 330, and it was a brilliant cheap case. I think it might be out of your budget though, at around $40. I don't really know of anything else though.

EDIT: I just had an idea. To save money, why don't you run it in an open test bed? That's what I'm doing ATM.

What's that? No, I can spend more money...I would just like to keep it to a minimal so I get to spend a little more on the GPU and CPU. I just need the PSU/Case deal figured out. I have everything else worked out. Is there any other good PSUs for around $30? I don't think I'll be using more than 500W. (500W just to have extra; in case).

edit: How's this?

It's when you have your computer sitting on your desk. Most people like to put their motherboards on the box it came in or the antistatic wrap it came in also. It works fine, I actually did it for a while when I was modding my Antec 900.

Here's mine: :D I'm not sure I'm getting better cooling though as the motherboard in in a horizontal position whereas the CPU cooler's heatpipes work better when the motherboard is mounted vertically.

I know it looks like a bird crapped on my RAM, but actually it's just a sticker.

Back
Top Bottom