Question regarding my hard drive

Pickpocket

Beta member
A little background:

About 2 weeks ago I headed off to college and immediately noticed that there protection wasn't as secure as what I had as home. Within a couple of days I had some sort of virus. So I decided to do a system restore to clean out whatever I had. (Keep in mind I'm not a computer expert at all) Anyways, when I began to redownload some of my music after about 6 GB of it was back on the computer I got an error that says I have low disk space. This came as a shock because I have a 120 GB hard drive. What I'm wondering is how to I find the files that were on my computer pre-system restore, because these files seem to be the ones that are taking up all the space? Any advice would be appreciated.

And I only want to format as the last possible resort.

If you right click a selection of files, you can select "Arrange Icons" By "Modified", and this would sort out the files in order of when you put them on.

Atleast I hope thats what you wanted to know.

Kage said:
If you right click a selection of files, you can select "Arrange Icons" By "Modified", and this would sort out the files in order of when you put them on.

Atleast I hope thats what you wanted to know.
No, what I'm trying to do is access the files that I had pre system restore. I just want to delete them because they are taking up unnecessary space on my hard drive.

Ah sorry, its rather easy to delete system restore files.

Go to Control Panel, then to System. Then go to the System Restore tab, and you can select "Turn Off System Restore On All Drives". This will wipe them, and then after its done that, just select to turn it on again by unticking the box.

I hope this helps

Kage said:
Ah sorry, its rather easy to delete system restore files.

Go to Control Panel, then to System. Then go to the System Restore tab, and you can select "Turn Off System Restore On All Drives". This will wipe them, and then after its done that, just select to turn it on again by unticking the box.

I hope this helps
I don't see any noticeable changes in my disk space.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is how do i delete files from a previous system restore point?

Back
Top Bottom