Question I Have HAd

Mikey1

In Runtime
This Question has been making me mad for a while and i have not figured out the problem..........it is probly just some thing that is turned off or something but here it is..............When ever i try to connect to a game ( online Im pretty sure the server ) it never works....With WarCraft and COD 2 i cant play online and for GUild Wars when i try to install it needs to connect to Arena Net or something and it never works also with Ticketmaster i cant even look to see if tickets are avalible cause it always say Page cant be displayed. All these Problems are fine on our upstairs computer but are stupid and dont work down here on mine. Is something turned off that wont let it connect to servers or something?

Are you sure you are connected to the internet? :confused: The cable might be plugged in but if you have a router it may be firewalled or something like that.

Try turning off all the firewalls that you have on the computer, or any virus protections, then see if it works..

I have a wireless connection to get my internet ( from upstairs computer ) and i also have a cable that connects the two. The cable is plugged in but i dont think it is connected so that it is like local area or whatever. What firewalls should i turn off and where can i access them?

well for me.. i have an nvidia firewall, which prevents me from connecting to things, but each time, a pop up appears that asks me to opt to either allow it to connect or not allow it.. obviously.. i click allow..
umm.. do you know of the firewalls you have? also maybe try configuring your router so that it accepts the items listed above as some routers have firewalls preventing.
also, if you aren't the only one using the computer and you have two accounts logged on at the same time, the account that was logged onto first will receive all the allow or not allow connection of games such as wc3 and gw. just thought i'd put that out there. hope it helps.

Also, it could have mac address filtering in that case go into your router and add your mac address ;)

Dev0115 said:
Try turning off all the firewalls that you have on the computer, or any virus protections, then see if it works..

Also, I wouldn't surf the web like this or leave fo r very long, its just an invitation to get an ungodly amount of virus's and such :)

ok Thanks ill try some stuff out but just another question to throw out there.....if my computer and our upstairs computer are connected with an internet cable or w/e it is called how do i get it to appear in my network connections as a LAN......cause i would like to do LAN Games with my brother on the upstairs computer.

Is it connected to a router or switch/hub? If you run a network cable between the two computers, you either need a central device like a hub, or you would need a crossover cable, which allows you to directly connect two computers together.

I have a wireless connection to get my internet ( from upstairs computer ) and i also have a cable that connects the two. The cable is plugged in but i dont think it is connected so that it is like local area or whatever. What firewalls should i turn off and where can i access them?

Problem found, if its not LAN, and its not A VERY GOOD WIRELESS router good luck with online gaming. single is too weak to truly be counted on.

Back
Top Bottom