question about forcing refresh rate

klivevil

Baseband Member
i was wondeing about forcing the refresh rate to a higher rate like 200 if it was unsafe and what would generally happen.

im asking this because i have some catlyist driver installed and in the display optionns(in the control center of the catylist driver) is asks if i wanta to "uncheck" or allow more refresh rate that are not on the monitor driver.

what would happen if i do put a higher refresh rate?

just curious.

thnx

~jesse~

System specs please.

Although, sounds like you have an Ati card. Download ATI Tool, and overclock it a little bit. Make sure you have good cooling.

What kinda moniter do you have? Well you wont see the faster refresh rate (or frames persecond) in game. Your eye can only see about 45, but all the others, just help improve performance. Your talking about in game right? Or like.. Just in general moniter settings?

If just moniter settings then, just set it to the highest that your moniter can display. Because, if it says it cant display the higher ones.. Well it cant, and there is no point.

yes, arrizx is right, if you monitor doesn't support the higher refresh rates then it's not going to let you choose them

no, here are some pics to get an idea of what im talking about when i say forcing the refresh rate

fc8705fa.jpg

ae8420bf.jpg

does that help?

Back
Top Bottom