Q9450 tempurature

andosguy

Beta member
I am getting readings of 70 degrees celcius at idle and 90 degrees celcius while playing video games. I have a large case with 2 fans on the case, a power supply fan, and gpu fan and a cpu fan. I don't know what to do to get the temperature down as I just got this system installed. the temperatures have been confirmed by 3 different software.
My specs
Q9450 quad core
Geforce 8800 gts 320mb
artic cooling 7 pro or freeze pro somethin like that
500 watts of power.
anything else u need to know i can get
HELP is APPRECIATED GREATLY :)

Take the CPU cooler off and reapply thermal paste. If your motherboard has any overclocking options, go into the BIOS and make sure the CPU voltage isn't set to some ridiculously high setting.

Take the CPU cooler off and reapply thermal paste.
I would suggest the cooler is already half off.

Pushpin mounts again, these things are not to be trusted.

As suggested reapply TIM and ensure the pins engage completely when you remount the cooler.

I hate pushpins, they shouldn't be used on any cooler IMO. Just looking at them screams disaster.

I've never had any come off while installed, but I just can't see them lasting after uninstalling and installing again. AMD's stock K8 and K9 mounting system works well.

ok thanks, much appreciated:)

I made sure all the pins were in and i even tried another fan, but i dont have any fans blowing air into my computer... could that be my problem? Im still getting idle temperatures at 70 degrees C

ok thanks, much appreciated:)

I made sure all the pins were in and i even tried another fan, but i dont have any fans blowing air into my computer... could that be my problem? Im still getting idle temperatures at 70 degrees C
No intake fans could well be your problem, what size and how many exhaust fans do you have? and 70°C is still too hot for idle.

Back
Top Bottom