Q6600 now at 3.6GHZ and stable!

Good job 3.6Ghz is Amazing for Q6600!

and u using Zalman 9700? WoW!!!

k im a total n00b at all of this
so what is Zalman 9700? is Zalman the manufacturer of the processor? or what?
also does anyone know any good place to look into overclocking?
im interested in it, but i dont know what all it involves.
thanks for the help

The Zalman 9700 is a pretty good CPU cooler, involving a heatsink, and a 110mm fan.

The processor is an Intel Quad Core Q6600 g0

What system do you have?

k im a total n00b at all of this
so what is Zalman 9700? is Zalman the manufacturer of the processor? or what?
also does anyone know any good place to look into overclocking?
im interested in it, but i dont know what all it involves.
thanks for the help

Zalman 9700 is the Fan and heatsink attached to the CPU to keep it cool. It is a moderate cooler for a CPU but not nearly as good as some of the higher end ones. He is surprised with the fan because overclocking creates alot of heat and would usually not get that good of an overclock with that fan.

You can look up overclocking in various places but a decent one is posted in a sticky at the top of this very forum. Pretty much if you are new to overclocking you would just raise the CPU FSB until it won't go any higher without starting up. Then you run a stability test to make sure there are no errors. This is the most simple way and will get you by without raising voltages and fixing RAM timings. You can learn that when you feel comfortable with it.

I can tell you first hand I learned how to overclock just reading forums and googling overclock and finding some guides. I actually just learned how to do it no longer than 2 weeks ago, you can even ask Kage lol. I will tell you though to not attempt it until you are comfortable that you know what you are doing. It took me a full day of reading everything on it. Then another half day to make sure I knew exactly what I was doing. I then overclocked successfully for my first time. But then again you could be a faster learner than me lol.

The Zalman 9700 is a pretty good CPU cooler, involving a heatsink, and a 110mm fan.

What system do you have?

im going to build me a monster!
its going to have an Intel Quad Core Q6600
as a matter of fact it will be this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115017
which is why i am interested in this topic
im going to use the AC Freezer 7 Pro 92mm Heat Sink......... i think.
is it a good one?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134
or should i look for the Zalman 9700?

The Zalman 9700 is good, but, the best one you could go for, thats an all in one package, is the Tuniq Tower 120. Look it up :)

What system do you have?

If your asing me, G0 Q6600 with stock cooler, but temps are fine.

I take that back the Zalman 9700 isn't that bad it is actually only a few degrees hotter than the top end ones but the tuniq tower is good but if you can find it I would go for the Thermalright IFX-14

Haha, it does yes, with some room left supposedly.
I'm getting that CPU cooler for my brothers build, that I'm ordering tommorow, so we'll see...

As for voltages, its now 4 steps down and still stable (forgot exact voltage, so I'll tell you when I drop it another :p)

Running Everest for 8 minutes:

Kage I been hearing that alot of people can't get there Q6600 clocked that high. When I buy mine I want the same Mobo as you because I heard that has alot to do with how good you can clock. When you fully optimize your OC you should post what your timings and and voltages and FSB and multiplier are at so that I can know what to aim for.

Back
Top Bottom