Puter Problem

bsr2002

Baseband Member
Hi,

I turned on my computer the other day and the monitor didn't come on. The light on the monitor is still yellow. I tried 2 other monitors and got the same results.

It is an old generic computer I bought for a couple a hundred bucks. I looked at mother board and it says TXII Mother board I guess. It has AMD Processor K6 in it.

What video card does it have cause it could have broken , How old is this computer . Also check to see if the pins which you plug the moniter into are straght.

Yeah - probably the Graphics Card has gone, either that or it has built in Graphics which is more likely and they have died. Always good to check the pins but its probably the Graphics. Easy enough to fix either way if it has AGP Slot?

Don't have a video card so I guess this one is integrated in the mother board. I guess it's fried. Can I still save the mother board? Or fix the graphics part as I don't have any pci slots left.

bsr2002 said:
Don't have a video card so I guess this one is integrated in the mother board. I guess it's fried. Can I still save the mother board? Or fix the graphics part as I don't have any pci slots left.

You need more help then i think you'll get here.Where did you get this thing you call a puter ? Did this thing ever work ? How many PCI slots do you have ? What in them ?
Most boards have 4 5 or 6.and use maybe 2.
Quote and i'm sorry.but you said,
Don't have a video card so I guess
Whow.You need a local Computer dealer.
:eek:

You could buy a PCI Graphics Card which should override the Integrated one. If you have an AGP Port which is smaller and always at the top then that would probably be better. How old is this Computer?

I've had it for 4 years and it was used when I bought it then. I have USB port, modem, and sound card in it. Has only 3 slots and that's what I have in them. I have this one in the bedroom. My main computer is in the front room.

Back
Top Bottom