PSU Testing! Question for the PROS!

ale101

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have been recently checking power supply capacitors (physically, by opening up each power supply) and thought to myself there must be an easier way to test for bad capacitors or just a bad PSU.

I have heard of some multimeters however do they do a thorough check, so basically would I be able to use the meter and get the information i need instead of opening each power supply and visually checking each capacitor.

Any help would be great,

Cheers

I think that the multimeter is only going to tell you whether the PSU is ok or not.

This would save a little bit of time as you won't be opening ones that are fine.

Mossiac

Ive been told that even if there is a bad capacitor the multimeter will still say the PSU is ok untill it goes bad. I dont know, I thought they would have some tester that check everything in a PSU maybe its impossible.

Thanks for the help anyways

I would have thought that was impossible. As long as the current makes it from start to finish at the correct levels then that's good enough for the multimeter.

And to be honest the best way to check that sort of thing is yourself. Maybe one day someone will make something just as reliable.

Mossiac

Back
Top Bottom