Psu question

akira282

In Runtime
Hey, I'm in the process of building my first comp. I just put in a hd, optical drive, and a psu. All of it went flawlessly except for the psu. The problem: the psu wouldn't exactly fit in my antec 902 case without a metal division on the case sliding underneath the fan cage of the psu. Anyway, I solved the problem simply by taking the fan cage off the psu. Is this ok? I can't imagine it being a problem as long as I do good cable management so nothing interferes with the fan. I called antec to get their opinion as well and they said that it was fine to do. So again, what do you guys think about this?

Thanks,

Kyle.

What I'll probably end up doing is putting the cage back on over the metal division, just took it off to see if motherboard will need the space when the time comes for me to purchase it.

The cage is only there to keep your fingers out of the fan. It's perfectly fine to run without it. An added bonus is that it's probably a bit quieter from the lack of turbulence caused by the guard.

Rooster is correct. Put the cage on if you want but it is not necessary. If you were desperate to have it on I suppose you could solder it on but I wouldn't advise that. Once your computer is done tell us the specs and show us some benchies!

Rooster is correct. Put the cage on if you want but it is not necessary. If you were desperate to have it on I suppose you could solder it on but I wouldn't advise that. Once your computer is done tell us the specs and show us some benchies!

Will do my friend.

Back
Top Bottom