PSU Question

Impruv

In Runtime
For a card like 6600GT with pentium D and 1 gb ram, 2 optical drive and 1 HD, BFG tech told me that a 400w psu with 19amps on the +12v rail is TOO low, and it is recommended to have 24 amps on the 12v rail. However, checking many decent PSU's, not many actually have 20+ amps on the 12v rail; unless I'm missing something, could anyone shine some light on this issue?

I think he ment wattage. 400 might be too low. Maybe a 430 would do it. 450 for sure.

I can assure you he was talking about 12v rail. the minimum for the card is 350watt, I told him 400 watt and he said; that is fine. But when he asked about the 12v rail, he began saying it was 'too low' and weak. :confused:

Stupid BFG: there so full of bs...they just don't want to send me a new card admitting THEIR card is faulty. They want to make me feel bad by saying its my system that has a problem....sigh. I thought BFG had great service too :mad:

24 amps on the 12V rail is not uncommon. Check out OCZ Powerstream, Seasonice S12-500 or S12-500, PCP&C Turbocool, and Fortron AX-500. They all have more enough on the 12V rail.

Well the problem is, I was planning to get a Raidmax Sagitta Case that comes with a Raidmax 450watt PSU. Reviews said the PSU was decent, so I felt that my system isn't too powerhungry so it should work. But after the BFG technician told me i should have 24 amps, I got worried since the raidmax PSU only has 14amps on the psu i believe....So should I get that case or go for a better psu and a cheaper case that doesn't come with a psu

Or ya know, just get a higher wattage psu, and im sure it comes with whatever 'rail's' you need.

Back
Top Bottom