PSU check

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
okay, so i am getting annoyed of SLI, but i willl achieve it somehow.
my friend is going to buy my OCZ 500W for $50, which is about $6 less than i payed for.
But anyways, i was looking at some PSU's, and i was wondering how the Coolmax PSUs are, out of 1-10 how would you rate them? (1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest)

EDIT - okay scratch that, i am just going to look on newegg.
i searched for them certified ones, but all i can find are the ones that cost $90+.
I was wondering if anybody can provide me a link from newegg of a PSU that can support 2 8800GT to SLI and under $90 if possible, i dont do MIR by the way, so dont bother showing those to me.
i want one to last me at least a year.
my computer will probably run about 14 hours a day, on average, sometimes more, sometimes less

thanks

i would just stick with ocz. i got their 600 watt for 85 with one sata and you can spend 90 for one with 6 sata plugs and a led :D

Truthfully, you would have been fine with your 500W PSU. I was running an SLI setup with an Antec SmartPower 2.0 500w PSU without any problems at all. They recommend at the minimum a 450W PSU w/28A @12V for an 8800GT SLI setup.

Here's a good one that's under your budget: OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W - $79.99 w/free shipping.

really?
because others say that there isnt enough amperage on the rails to be able to run 2 8800GT.
i guess i should still try since my friend is getting an 8800GT tomorrow.
what happens if there isnt enough power/amperage when attempting to run sli with my current hardware?

rooster that is the same psu i have. but right before i bought it a got the same one but has more plugs. if you need more sata connectors get the gameXstream

really?
because others say that there isnt enough amperage on the rails to be able to run 2 8800GT.
Here:

Recommended - 450W PSU w/ 28A @12V

Yours - 500W w/ 36A @12V

Difference - +8A

thumbsup4kk.gif

what the others said was that since the pci-e connectors was on the same cord, they share the same rail and amps which equals to 18A.
then the other 18A are used for the molex and satas.
is that true?
if not, then do i plug them with the PCI-E connectors i have? or do i use one of those that converts the molex into them, and the other using the PCI-E from the PSU?

Try it both ways. If you have problems running them off the PSU's PCIe connectors, use your adapter for one card on the other line.

Back
Top Bottom