Processors, RAM and dismantling computers

Gamer_for_life

Baseband Member
I have 3 questions Okay i am pretty stupid when it comes to computers so i was just wandering

1. can i mix two different brands of RAM

2. what would happen if i mixed a Intel core i3-2310m CPU 2.10 GHz With another i3 processor (i only know its a i3 processor)

3.Also what are the laws on taking apart computers that were made (i mean bought made) and if i can mix the parts with other computers

P.S sorry for all the hussle

1. I am not sure about this one.
2. Do you mean like switching them and putting the other one into the same socket? If yes then if it's the same socket cpu then it should work fine.
3. You mean taking apart a computer and using the parts in another one, then if all the parts are compatible then there is no problem. As to laws there is nothing stopping you from taking a computer apart.

1. I am not sure about this one.
2. Do you mean like switching them and putting the other one into the same socket? If yes then if it's the same socket cpu then it should work fine.
3. You mean taking apart a computer and using the parts in another one, then if all the parts are compatible then there is no problem. As to laws there is nothing stopping you from taking a computer apart.

thanx and what i mean is like using 2 i3 processors to get the power of a i6 maybe

No since the processor only has one socket unless you have a server motherboard which contains more than one socket also no you would not get the power of a i6 as there is no such model nor is there the space for 2 processor chips on a motherboard.
You can mix the ram models but it is highly NOT recommendable since memory models only work best in the same pairs and brand together and all depends on the motherboard what it will allow you to take you can use this website to check what memory is suitable and what the memory will go up to crucial memory is very reliable and has an excellent system scanner that tells you what to buy and where to buy it from http://www.crucial.com/uk/

As for the laws of computing the only laws that stand are Microsoft licensing laws you are only allowed to reinstall an operating system several times before you are no longer allowed to use that system and then forced to buy a new product key each time you replace the hardware the computer knows as it's serial details changed as each part has a special number on each part that make up you serial key it is not illegal to take a computer to peace's you just have to know your limits and how to put them back together.

Kind Regards

Back
Top Bottom