Processor and memory oppinion plz

lee42lee

Baseband Member
Ok I made up my mind for my new gaming system and ordered a Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI motherboard. Now I need to know what processor you all reccomend. I have always used Intel and have never had any AMD products. I notice people are comparing the P4 3.0 to AMD 2.0's. I had a P4 2.8 and since I have already spent this much on the motherboard I want something that is going to out do my old P4 I just have never messed with AMD and don't really know what to look for. I also need to know what the best graphics card and the best memory would be for this board. Thjanks for the help.

Lee

well how much money you got to play with?? a lot??...then get yarself an fx-55! if you aint got so much look at the 3500+

memory well look at their compatability sheets and that. try and get it in dual channel config, give ya nice boost

amd's a good company and if you are looking for gaming you've made right choice!

for cpu i would go with 3200+ or better, depending on the ammount of money u have to spend, the 3200 is 2ghz and the 3500 is 2.2, then for the ram i would go with crucial ballistix, and if u want the ultimate gaming rig, go with the fx-55 cpu, it pwnz :)

Back
Top Bottom