problems when starting up my computer

baxtermadux

Baseband Member
i have two problems

1. when i restart my comp, i get an error message saying that my "SATA primary dive Raid 0 not found"

it offers 2 choices. to either hit F1 to start up anyway, or hit F2 for the setup menu

i always hit F1 and it starts up and everything appears normal. so what does this mean? adn what can i do to fix it.

2. I cant start my computer in safe mode. evertime i restart i tap F8 repeatedly and then right before i get the primary drive error message, it says "keyboard failure" and then shwos the error message from before. so i cant even get into my BIOS menu. so how else can i start in safe mode? and whats going on here?

I have been trying to start in safe mode so i can run a virus cleaner to see if i have a trojan virus, because i think it may infected.

and also, everytime i start my computer up this folder opens called "system 32". i dont know how to stop it from doing that. even after i reformatted my computer last time it kept doing that. any help would be much appreciated.

Is your hard drive a serial hard drive, or IDE?
Do you have more that one hard drive? (Are you running a RAID configuration- if you don't know, then you're not)
F8 is for Safe Mode, and you won't see the BIOS menu by tapping it. If it's a custom built PC, try tapping DEL to get into BIOS. Other options are F1,F2,F10,F11,ESC,DEL, or a combination of any of them. What type of keyboard do you have (USB, PS/2, wireless). The system 32 file opening, is not a great sign. Haven't seen that one before. I'll have to research that....

i am running a 5400 rpm ATA1-- drive. dont think its serial then. i have two drives. i started having this problem when i loaded the second drive. i dont know if i have a raid configuration, but it says SATA primary drive raid 0 at the beginning so i assumed i did. but i dont. so im wondering if maybe something is not set up right if i dont have raid or a sata drive yet it thinks i do. also, my secondary drive is a sata drive though
i have a wireless keyboard which works fine usually. its a microsoft wireless.
this is a Dell Dimension 8300 PC with a Western digital 120 ATA drive

baxtermadux said:
I cant start my computer in safe mode. evertime i restart i tap F8 repeatedly and then right before i get the primary drive error message, it says "keyboard failure" and then shwos the error message from before. so i cant even get into my BIOS menu. so how else can i start in safe mode? and whats going on here?

I have been trying to start in safe mode so i can run a virus cleaner to see if i have a trojan virus, because i think it may infected.

You usually get that 'keyboard failure' message when hitting the F8 key too early. Wait a little longer then hit F8.

Back
Top Bottom