Problems with Inno3D 8800GT

RhysAndrews

In Runtime
Hi everyone.
I just brought home my system which was overheating to 110 degrees... turned out the shop forgot to remove the cpu cooler's sticker and it screwed the whole thing up. They showed me though that it now works and so I took it home along with a new Inno3D 8800GT.

When I first put in the card I got a high pitched squeal from the computer but soon realised it was due to not putting it in the power supply. Now that i've plugged it all in I have no squeal and it seems to run fine but no matter what DVI port I try, the monitor finds no signal. I've tried the 2 DVI Ports on the card AND the on-board port.

Does anyone have any clue what's going on? I have a 500w PSU.
Thanks
-Rhys

PS: I just found that the motherboard doesn't support dual view functions, but surely that doesn't mean the card will stop working because the video card does?

the card should work as soon as you put it in the pci-e slot

if you take the card out does the onboard video card still work?

buy not correctly setting it up your may have burned out the card
return it
and get the evga brand version much better company

Yes onboard video works fine. I'm not too stressed as I can run my computer fine just not with the video card put in.

I'm short on variety of cards here, Inno3D is pretty much the only choice everything else has a huge backorder. I don't think i've burned out the card this is apparently a common issue just not sure how to fix.

-Rhys

Go into your BIOS by pressing the DELETE button at bootup.
In one of the menu's, find an option for onboard video and disable it.

Then find an option about Init Display or something along those lines, and set it to PCI-E.

Now Save And Exit. It should when booting up now see that it has to look for your PCI-E slot, and run from this.

Thanks. I'll be trying this again, though I did already try this. It's set to "PEC" or something which the BIOS says is the PCI-Express Graphics Interface. I haven't disabled the on-board graphics though.

I'm starting to think it's an issue with my power. Though I have a 500w PSU, which is well above the minimum, there's something to do with 12V / 28a etc etc and though I don't know what mine is it's usually the problem for people with similar issues.

-Rhys

As long as you are running it from a seperate line coming from the PSU, it should be alright.

If on the other hand you are sharing it with a line with other things on it, this is where your problem is.

There only seems to be 2 free plugs left for me. One is on its own but another is shared with the DVD Burner... and possibly more than that too. What choices do I have?

Thankyou
-Rhys

Try the one thats on its own, but I don't reckon that'll be the problem, but you never know.

Well see, the 8800GT wants two plugs, not just one. Well hey, I've got a bit more fiddling to do. If you have anymore ideas that would be wonderful but that should keep me going for a bit. Thanks very much guys. Judging by my luck in the past few weeks I doubt much will be fixed but hey, final stages.

Thanks again
-Rhys

Back
Top Bottom