Problem with screen blanking

smackfan761

Baseband Member
I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I recently upgraded a friends computer with a 128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9200 PCI video card on a Compaq computer with a 1.8GHz Celeron processor and 512MB DDR RAM. They are trying to play Diablo on it and they said that after about 30 to 45 min. of playing, the screen goes blank. He said that you can still hear everything going on in the background, but you cant see anything. The screen is just blank. I had him try adjusting the screen resolutions, but that didnt change anything. Anyone have any ideas what I can try?

i think it might be the card itself mine just makes my screen go fuzzy for a couple of seconds sometimes

When you install a new video card, you have to go to the BIOS and change the AGP aperture size to meet the number or RAM of the video card.

I have a 128MB 9200 but it was set as 256 i had no problem and zero4zero your sig is 9 lines

zero4zero said:
When you install a new video card, you have to go to the BIOS and change the AGP aperture size to meet the number or RAM of the video card.

It's not an AGP card, its a PCI card. I set the BIOS to the PCI slot and it only gave me a choice of either 4 or 8MB size so I chose the 8MB one. Even when I put it on 4MB it still does the same thing.

could it be that maybe its overheating with the extra card inside the machine? i meen compaqs in genral arnt desined to be upgraded. maybe try fitting an extra case fan?

Back
Top Bottom