Problem printing from the internet vs the PC

andoka1

Beta member
A friend asked for my help so I am turning to computer forums to ask what I need to ask him first! I know I need to ask him his specific hardware and software configuration to start and go from there. At this point I know he has an older home pc running Windows 2000 and has an (HP?) inkjet printer. Printing from the PC and the internet has worked in the past but now printing from the internet results in the left hand margin being offset by about 1/2 inch (printing from PC still works fine). Do not know what he was trying to print! (he left his message on my answering machine).

When I see hime again I will walk thru powering down the pc, uninstalling the printer and reinstalling it to see if that clears the problem. I am not sure if there is a printer setup feature that I might need to look at. Can anyone point me in a general direction to look? Again, I apologize for a lack of specific system configuration but any help to get started will be appreciated.
Obviously this

Ask him to try this first. Open up IE. Then click on File/Page Setup. For the Left Hand margin, set it back to 0.5 inches. Then click on OK to make the changes.

Back
Top Bottom