Problem with Cable Modem and HUB

joxley1990

Golden Master
Hey guys, aint been here for a while because Internet been shut down :s

Anyway, after I found out internet was all on, I was like yeyy, switched on every pc in my room, patiently waiting to download lotsss of music and updates.

Switch on pc, comes up with Local Area Connection connected, same old same old, i go to IE, "This Page cannot be displayed"
WHAT?!
Right, I thought router might not be on, but it is, I rang NTL (my ISP) and asked if their servers were up and running, and they said yeah they all good. So im like damn at this point...ok so I try a pc straight from Cable Modem to pc and it works like a dream, so I now know it is the router. I plugged the cable modem into a hub, and then effictively I have the internet upstairs...right?!

Nope...

Still same thing, this page cannot be displayed.
The pc I am on now used to work as just cable modem to pc, so if theirs settings somewhere then they are still here

Im not bothered about the router at this point, I just need so badly the internet upstairs. So...how can I split the internet connection so its cable modem, into hub, then upstairs, what settings do i need to change and can I do it with just a HUB, all the settings on the router are screwed, and I dont know what to do with that. I just need the internet upstairs...like this...

Cable Ethernet Modem>5 port HUB> Downstairs
Upstairs

Grrr, sorry about the total essay, but I could not put it in smaller words.

Back
Top Bottom