problem?!

ati005

In Runtime
hey
my computers messd. im runnin xp, when it gets to d bootup screen there is a faded windows xp logo and the pc freezes, ive tried reinstallin, didnt help. any suggestions?

Did you try a reg clean up? or can you get in your os at all? Try putting the hd in a different comp and see what happens...

lol reformat. im always told that but thats never the only solution. and i see it all around, so now im passing it to you, do a nice old reformate, lol..

Yes. He said when he tried to reformat it didn't help...meaning it still does the problem where it freezes. I would say it could be a hardware issue but as I always assume it is a software issue I am going to predict it is.

Do 1 of the 2 following procedures:

- Take your hard drive and hook it up to a different computer and try and boot from it and see what happens.

OR

- Take someone elses hard drive and pop it in your computer and see what happens.

This will determine wether it is a software problem or not.
Also, try and run KillDisk off a floppy to wipe it.

And one final question....Can you get into the BIOS then?

Yeh I can get into BIOS. Ive got two hard drives in my computer, ive tried installin xp on dat but it gets past the copying files, restarts and then says a file is missing 'hal.dll' i tried copying, doesnt help. i can get into xp sometimes for about 10 mins then it freeezes and i hav 2 restart and i get d same problem.

hey ive got slax live cd, its a bootable operating system on a cd. dat works fine and so does BartPE.

abowlofrice said:
how can he reformat when he cant even get into xp?

well I have never formated a computer from windows. I don't think it even allows u to format the C drive (or on which ever drive the windows is installed) from windows.

Back
Top Bottom