Printing from my laptop

toole13

In Runtime
How do I wirelessly hook up my printer to my laptop so I can print things without moving them to my desktop computer? Is there a special printer I need or an adapter or something?

You can setup a wireless network and share the printer on your desktop. That's the only way I can think of.

You can setup a wireless network and share the printer on your desktop. That's the only way I can think of.
That's the easiest and most economical way to do it. If you want to know how to do it, make a thread in the networking forum and I'll be more than happy to help you.

Or you can spend like $200 for a networking printer that plugs directly into a router, your choice.

How do I wirelessly hook up my printer to my laptop so I can print things without moving them to my desktop computer? Is there a special printer I need or an adapter or something?

Three possibly methods

A: Connect printer to desktop and share the printer on the network (Desktop needs to be on to print)

B: A wireless print server, however this will cost you extra money. This is ideal if your printer does not have an ethernet port already, an example of a wireless print server would be http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...nksys/Common/VisitorWrapper&cid=1114037289494

C: If you have a print server in your printer, you could buy a wireless bridge. Highly unlikely however.

That's the easiest and most economical way to do it. If you want to know how to do it, make a thread in the networking forum and I'll be more than happy to help you.

Or you can spend like $200 for a networking printer that plugs directly into a router, your choice.

Alright well I made a thread in the Networking forum titled "Set up a wirless network". Take a look?

Back
Top Bottom