Printer Problems with Vista

ms624

Solid State Member
Computer came with Windows December 2007 with a free Vista Upgrade when it was to come out. Downloaded Drivers for my HP6110xi All-In-One (Costco) and it worked fine. Got the Vista in June...still fine. Got the newest version of Java 7/2/07. Could still print but could not deposit checks via scan to my bank. Tried to fix problem via my banks CS....could not. Used my LT to deposit/scan checks to my bank. LT died. Back to my PC. Cannot scan checks. Can't even print now (see below).

What happened:

Message 1: "The scanner cannot be initialized because it was not found. Check scanner. Scanner software may be installed improperly."

Message 2: "Unable to communicate with HP scanning software...verify it has been installed"

Froze up after Message 1. Did not freeze after message 2.

This is what I did:

After Message 1: Checked all cords cables. Shutdown unplugged everything. Disable the startup group...re-enabled. Uninstalled Drivers for Printer.....installed new ones. Down graded my version of Java to the previous. Did a test print of one page. Went to my Bank's www site...cannot scan. Did a second install of driver updates via the Device Manager and it's prompts. Tried to scan....got message 2. Tried to print....nada. Did a Roll Back of the printer download.....still Nada. Here is the odd one....6110xi Drivers are not referenced in the "Uninstall" list I get to via the "Control Panel"....was there when I uninstalled the old version....keep in mind I did get one test page to print after the new driver install. The Drivers, labeled as 6110xi, ARE listed via the Device Manager. (Did two uninstalls....one via the Device Manager...one via the Control Panel...wierd...I am a novice).

I really don't know what else to do other than buy a new All-In-One.

thanks,

ms

Um you might have unplugged printer or disabled USB port or drivers

I checked all the cords.

Below is what I got from HP (CS name deleted). I tried the link. Vista is supposed to contain the Drivers. I followed the instructions.....still doesn't work. Reading what I read here I guess I will have to plunk down a couple hundred and get another All-In-One....though this one works fine as long as it is not hooked up to Vista.

Should I delete everything again? (Keep in mind the 6110xi is not even listed in the Uninstall list....strange). After the delete follow the link below?

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

I understand that you are unable to scan checks to your bank using your Officejet 6110xi all-in-one. I note that you were able to print initially, but unable to print now. I also note that you are unable to open HP Director. I realize the importance of this matter and look forward to providing you with the appropriate information.

Mark, please be informed that HP Director is not compatible in Windows Vista. Also, to scan to email or scan from the front panel of the Officejet, we require the full feature software and drivers needs to be installed. However, the full feature software and driver compatible with Vista for your Officejet is not available for install.

Please click on the link given below to view steps to be able to print and scan from the computer, using the Vista preloaded driver.

HP Printers*-* Installing the Printer Driver Located in Windows Vista*

Please try printing and scanning using the steps provided in the above link and get back to us with the results. If you are still unable to print from the computer, then get back to us with the exact error message received and we would continue from there.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you further.

You may receive an e-mail survey regarding your e-mail support experience. We would appreciate your feedback.

For information on keeping your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our Web site
at:
HP Total Care

Sincerely,
XXX
HP Total Care

Back
Top Bottom