previous nvidia drivers

EricM

Daemon Poster
does anyone know where i can download previous versions of nvidia graphics drivers? i need to roll back from the newest version which is 93.71 because it is conflicting with my drivers for my x-fi card.

Hi can i ask what the conflict is? and is it definatly the drivers? my x-fi card drivers r full of bugs u can pretty much bet its those rather than nvidia. If u still want to downgrade u can use google, just type in the driver version and download after it, search and some sites with it on should come up.

when you click to get the new drivers there is a panel on the side of the website where it will say "Info". there at the bottom it will say "nVidia drivers archive" or of some sort.

Anubis1980 said:
Hi can i ask what the conflict is? and is it definatly the drivers? my x-fi card drivers r full of bugs u can pretty much bet its those rather than nvidia. If u still want to downgrade u can use google, just type in the driver version and download after it, search and some sites with it on should come up.

well ive been having a long struggle with that x-fi card! wheenver i play games it would give me a BSoD so i had to switch the sound encoding to software insttead of hardware.. but pretty soon i couldnt even boot my comp up without windows failing to load or once loading getting a BSoD. i tried everything to fix it... such as reinstalling drivers, updating drivers, and sometimes it would work and i would have sound on my comp. but most of the times my sound card would simply have to be disabled because it would cause system instability. right now i got my sound card to work again because i uninstalled the nvidia graphics driver because i suspected there may have been some conflicts.. so i am going to try going back to a previous version to see if htat works

You using the latest x-fi drivers? i've heard of the conflict before between nvidia and x-fi luckily tho it hasnt materialised for me, not sure why. Hope you get it fixed.

well i rolled back to version 91.47 and when i rebooted i got the same thing that usually happens when my x-fi is enabled... windows wont boot and gives me that screen that says windows did not load properly and u have to pick the option of what to do.. so i just clicked start windows normally and it booted up fine and everything loaded fine and no BSoDs! but ya i tried updating to the latest version of the x-fi drivers and it didnt help... actually just made things worse :|. so im using the ones that came on the cd with the card.. and version 92.41 of the nvidia driver and everything is holding up so far.. just gotta test it out while playing battlefield 2142 to see if the x-fi will encode everything without BSoDing

If that doesn't work, try the 84 series drivers, they are said to be the most stable.

well good luck with it all. ive emailed them asking them to sort out their driver probs as have a lot of other people and they just try and sell u off with quick fixes or claiming ignorance, creative have let another great product down by driver support.

well what seemed to have worked... did not... i booted up my computer today and windows would not load without rebooting a few times. finally it loaded... and it wouldnt even detect the sound card. so i dont think its the video card drivers... i am really disappointed in this card and im even thinking about returning it if i cant find a solution.. nothing is seeming to work and i do not want to have to do a system reformat.

Back
Top Bottom