Power Supply Help!

Ronspc

Daemon Poster
:confused: I need someone to help me pick out a powersupply. The reason why I am upgrading the power supply is because i am getting a new video card and it requires at least 350 watts power. I just checked my computer (dell inspiron 531) it only has 300 watt. the video card uses PCI Express x16 so it doesnt need a power connector.

But heres the thing i have

2 hard drives
2 dvd drives
24 pin power connector
peripherals idk how many.
and cpu power.
im sure there are more power things i just dont know them

so could someone pick me out a powersupply my budget is under 120. under 100 is better. i dont want a lot of wattage because im only buying this power supply to use the video card. i wont use this power supply for future upgrades. So please...

I know for a fact ill need at least bare minimum

4 SATA power connectors <---------minimum

you need a modular because in all dell cases, you don't have a lot of room to work with because they are expected to be only for home use.

What video card are you going to use?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817159089 Modular, 700 Watts, 70 dollars (50 with MIR), and free shipping

he doesn't "need" a modular, he may want a modular one, but psus in the wattage that he needs don't have the number of cables and connectors that higher wattage psus have, modular will just make it more expensive...

this OCZ StealthXStream 500w is a good psu for a very good price and gives him options for upgrading later and not having to buy another psu...

you are forgetting that it is a pain to work in dells because they only make home PSU's My computer teacher at school had to mod his computer to fit a 500 watt in his dell inspiron

Ok well so far I am seriously thinking about buying the modular psu listed first. Because it's like 50 bucks for 700 watts and it seems like a steal to me. Maybe I'm a moron. But I'm a bit worried if it will sit properly in my Case I didnt even take that into consideration. Do you think that this will fit properly? I will check this thread in a couple hours im going to go see that new Hitler movie. Cheers mate. Oh and I will be giving out reputation thanks!

Ron

Back
Top Bottom