Power Supplies

It means you can unplug the cables that you don't need, which creates less clutter and allows for better airflow. Modular PSUs used to have a bit of trouble with resistance between the connectors, but that is no longer the case in most modern modular PSUs.

So between these 2. Should I go with the corsair because of modular cables are pc power and cooling for the "better quality" so to speak.

If you have a case with a windows or can't be bothered with hiding the cables, choose the corsair. If you don't mind doing some cable management but getting a better quality PSU, go with PCP&C.

TBH, I have not seen much of a difference in performance. I hope it fixed the painfully slow file copying though.

if i were you i would go with a silverstone psu. they are known for their very high quality and stability. here is the one i have:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817163108
it's great, i havent had any troubles with it yet. the only downsides are that it isn't modular and the fan can be a bit loud but i dont seem to have a problem with it. there are plenty of connectors and the cables are long for any size case....i highly recommend this psu.

Of the two, the PC Power & Cooling S610EPS would be your best bet. It a high quality PSU that outputs plenty of power. It will be right at home in a high powered gaming rig. Besides, it has more power than the Corsair and it's cheaper too. :D

Back
Top Bottom