is it possible..

spartan228

Baseband Member
is it possible to physicly connect my computer to another one for example with a LAN wire and transfer files from one computer to another with out sending them to the internet and with out a router. and how would go about doing this

yes and the way is through the networking cards from both pc's. Windows "Help" has a great explaination for doing it. so that you would better understand...or just hook up the cat5e cables and use the "network wizard" to configure it for you. Just follow the prompts and answer the questions.

use a CAT 5 crossover or something along those lines, has to be crossover though, with that you can create a network between two computers without having to use a switch or a hub

You can do it wirelessly if both computers have that set up. Otherwise, you can use the LPT port, serial port, USB port or ethernet port (with a crossover cable only, as Techy said). Windows XP makes it pretty easy to set up a network, so you shouldn't have too much of a problem setting it up. I had to use a crossover to transfer all my files to a friend's computer a few times when I needed to reformat. Thankfully, I can just use my external HD now.

Back
Top Bottom