Pls help new laptop big problem......

Domaz

In Runtime
Hi everybody

Im new to these forums so im not sure how everything works here but anyways i have this mayor problem,well not mayor but its very anoying. Yesterday i have bought a new Acer aspire 9303WSMi laptop and today i encounterd my first problem:confused: . I wanted to watch this movie but codecs were aquired so i downloaded and installed xivid codec(not sure witch but im sure it was the lastest)so i started to watch the movie and 15 a 20 minutes later it freezed and a blue screen poped out saying "an error has ocured your computer will be restarted so that i wount get demaged.i restarted it and nothing seems like all is ok, like it never happend. And right now i'm kinda scared to open a movie,couse it maight crash again so pls can anybody help me with this,perhaps somebody has encounterd with this problem aswell,is this vista a problem or perhaps xivid?would be much apreciated for the help

what os are you using? it could have been just a random error, or a problem with your video card, etc. see if the error pop's up again and if it does then theres a problem. if your scared to watch it in media player then download "vlc". it will play most files straight away and i never have problems

welcome to the forums btw

yeah , you should also get the k lite codec pack it has all the codecs you need

the problem could have been random , say vid card overheating or driver issue , also what program where you using the watch the video that could cause a problem

yep, like the fella's said, it could be a number of things, best bet is to get the codecs they said, and try it, otherwise get drivers for your video card, you probably already have some, but uninstall them and install a fresh copy, that should fix your problem, if that doesnt you have a problem...

welcome to computerforums.org :p

Apreciate everybody for gettin back with this. Thx,and yes i do have vista,and i don't understand i have played it at my friends house the same movie for 10 minutes and nothing happend. But still i could be wrong so yeah ima delete the current codecs and install the ones you suggested, but are they safe? Anyways much apreciated for the help.

well i use the klite codec pack on all my computers and have never had a problem

I use the xp codecs no probs and have downloaded and tested the Vista ones aswell and they work fine (they are the official codec packs anyway I think)

Allright,i installed the vista codecs,ima try it later,and yeah thx again for the help and all.but i got one more question tho does anybody know how to retrieve the trashcan?:eek: I know it's not the place to ask but it somehow desapeard and i can seem to find it, i don't know yet how the vista works so i'm still learning can anybody help out with this lil problem, would be much apreciated aswell,sorry tho if i ask this,but it's really payne in the ass

hmm , in vista right click the desktop and go to personalise then go to customise desktop icons and there are options there , if not there maybe aregistry fix i will just check

Back
Top Bottom