plleeeeasse help, blue screeens

malakian88

Baseband Member
This is the most nerve wracking problem I have had so far. I have been getting blue screens, and its been happening for quite a while. I was putting up with it for a while, but I'm going mad now. They seem to be totally random. I get them when I'm playing a game or opening my web brower(s) even listening to music. So far I can't seem to make make any connections between the different times I get them.

When my computer reboots after the blue screen, I get the oh so magical Microsoft error reporting thing and I send the error report. It then tells me its a device driver that caused the system to stop, which makes no sense to me. (I wish there was something that could tell me which "driver") I haven't installed any new hardware or system software or any drivers at all. The only drivers that are updated often on my computer are my video card drivers and newer versions don't seem to help with the problem, so I don't think its that.

I have started suspecting that it may be my hard drive, but I don't really know anything about stuff like that. My friend says it could be the problem.

This problem doesn't make total sense because the computer behaves perfect normal, not one little problem, besides when i get the random blue screens.

What could cause these blue screens? :( :(

its most probably faulty RAM. Try putting in new ram, make sure its of the same type of ram currently in your machine.

if its a RAM problem, restoring the pc will not fix this issue. The ram problem will still be there mate!

most of the time comptuer hardware dont jus break or become malfunctional if u touch it or anything, i dont htink he wacks his computer every day so it has to be a software problem.

ok fair enough. its that we were having a similar problem at work with a pc and it turned out to be the ram. i made a bit of a genrelisation there =S.. ok back to this problem.

A blue screen of death occurs when the kernel, or a driver running in kernel mode, encounters an error from which it cannot recover. - its times like this you wish MS had a list of all the drivers installed on a pc, so you can determine which one it is playing up!

try running a virus scan or a registry clean up tool. it may fix this issue if its only just strted happening.

i recommend Regscrub XP for a registry cleaning tool.

Back
Top Bottom