Plethora of problems..

Bluezor

Beta member
Hello, after attempting to fix my computer myself i've realized that i simply don't know enough and have to turn to the experts. I bought my Geforce 7600 GS AGP card about 2 weeks ago, to replace an old 5200. The first week i had it everything was running excellent, with a dramatic fps increase in all game and very high performance in demanding games such as Oblivion and FEAR. Well, about a week ago i started having spontaneous lockups. I would be playing a game and the machine would just freeze, and it would only freeze while playing a game, with the only way for my to get out of it was turning it off via power button. I went into device manager to look at the video card, and it it hadn't even recognized the proper name, after looking around i finally disabled my display drive in add/remove programs and updated, and it now recognizes that i have a Geforce 7600, driver date 8/11/2006. I thought everything was all hunky dory, but then the lockups are persisting. I haven't manually updated any other drivers, just been solely relying on windows updates. I looked at my processor and it said the last driver date was from 2001... which doesn't seem right because my computer is only about 2 years old anyways. Here are some of the specs...

Board: AOpen AK89 Max 918AN10201
Serial Number: 41300838KN33
BIOS: Phoenix/Award Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 12/03/2003

AMD Athlon 3400 64

Well, there it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated, i just want to game again ><.

Sincerely, Ben

Right, and i think that's the problem. I'm not sure how i can see what drivers i'm using though and how to update them if i did. I'm mostly concerned with my motherboard and processor drivers.

Check your taskbar and find the NVIDIA logo. Right click on it and open up the Control Panel. It should tell you what ForceWare you're using. If you haven't updated your drivers at all and are using the ones that came with your video card, you need the new ones.

I'm assuming you're using Windows XP.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.47.html

could be the drivers.
Have u overclocked? If so then try with the stock speeds.
What temps are u getting when u are playing games?

If you have older drivers for the cpu it may be because you have not updated your motherboard drivers in a while if at all. Get the brand of chips your board is using and go to the website for them and get the current version. Make sure you get only the drivers for that chipset. VIA, Nvidia, or what ever it is.

I didn't overclock, on another issue; if i tab out of a game and check my cpu usage history and apparently it's running at 100%. I'm not experiancing any latency in game but even if i turn down the graphics is runs at 100%. I just updated the drivers on my processor, but i'm really not sure where to find the new drivers for my AK89 Max mobo, i've looked around for quite some time and couldn't find anything except a small bios update (to 1.06). Is there any good driver sites, specifically for motherboards?

Back
Top Bottom