Please Help - Problems Booting Up

Lottie

Beta member
ok I'm as newbie to forums, found this one and I'm desperate for some help.

I have a HP Pavilion 491.uk PC which after the HP INVENT and initial XP loadings type screens just offers a blank screen.

So far I've swapped hard disk and GHOSTED back image (thinking HD failure) - no different

Swapped memory back (two days ago I upgraded from 512Mb to 1Gb)

checked connection EIDE

What to do next ........ any help appreciated

Lottie

Insert XP CD > New Install

It will list instllations, and give option to repari.

Repai your current install.

If still not wotkin get back to us and we'll try to help you out.

Xp Wont Start

My PC wont actually get past the XP Home start screen....Are you suggesting inserting the original OEM master disks and I should get an XP repair screen

thanks

sounds like a virus to me. See if it boots in safe mode. Probably you will want to install XP again.

yes use oem follow instructions for repair (do NOT select ASR unless you have the disk set - if u know what i am talking about - if not don't worry.

Good Luck!

Problems

NAV installed together with Norton IS.

regular Virus updates applied

Wont boot in SAFE MODE or PREVIOUS WORKING GOOD CON FIG

Have swapped cables - no change

Have checked all connections - ok

ok - Confused

I'm in the loft and searching high/low for OEM disks, forgot to turn PC off (forced shutdown) and 20 mins after turning on its working but VERY SLOWLY, I mean as I type this its only got as far as a background ..... but thats progress.

Anyone any ideas with this ectra info ..... does this ound like dodge HD....

scan for adware and spyware,
go start\run\type msconfig into the run window and hit enter-disable everything in the startup section restart and see if it boots ok. if not reinstall windows after a format.

you cannot disable all in the start-up tab....
this will only re-boot your comp. & tell you to put it back to the way it was...

disabling system files, and messenger....will only cause your comp. to freeze up, and some prog.s not to work.

if you can even get to safe mode....then it's a virus on your comp....you'r best bet would re-install.

then get all critical updates into place....
make shure your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date.

Back
Top Bottom