please help, my laptop shuts down if....

Liam amd.64

In Runtime
I play a lengthy programme that takes up alot of cpu usage like encoding a film to write to cd,
Enter bios sometimes it will shutdown,
If i run memtest86,
If i run prime95,
If i play a small game like quick snooker for about half an hour continously,
If i play call of duty 2,

Sometimes it will shutdown through rebooting it asweel for a few goes, if i leave it then turn it on it normally will first time.

Things it will do happily and not shut down, going online on this forum to work out what is wrong,
Sitting there not doing anything,
downloding music or films,
Burning to discs

It managed to stay on long enough for me to reformat it the other day but it still shuts down as normal after it.

anyone got any ideas i will be willing to try anything,

Also i have swapped RAM with my brothers and it still did it, he tried mine and his ran fine???

It shuts down whether it on battery or power and i have nothing running off the usb ports or any of the other ports, the fan seems to be working fine!

my specs are...... AMD 64 mobile athlon, 1gig Ram (2x512mb) ati 128mb 9700 mobility radeon graphics card, 80 gig hard drive the make of it is Tiny!

my latptop had that problem. It would shut off even if the power cord was connected. Just send it back to the company. turns out, we needed a new mobo

Ok, i doubt this is wats happening because companys' well most of them doont send out laptops that overheat...It may be shutting down due to a heat up in the core or any other computer part...Call tech if you still have warranty..if not then that might be your case it could be overheating

well, laptops have overheating issues.... get one of those laptop lap fans or whatever and see if it helps...

Another thing to watch for, make sure you don't block the vents for the fan(s). This can cause a dramatic change in heating/cooling. Also, I would suggest getting a free program to monitor the temp of the processor and motherboard. I use Everest, the free trial version. Seems to get a pretty accurate reading. :D

If you want to look at your temps i would donwload SpeedFan...its free and very good.download it and post screen shot of your temps maybe it is over heating

my hard drive stays at about 45oc and my cpu at 75oc i took the laptop outside in the cold for a bit and ran a programme it would usually crash on and it lasted till the battery went the hd temp dropped to 30oc but the cpu temp stayed high!

75 is hott! but im not sure if that is hot for a laptop...for pc that is BADDDD

Thats hot but i never check my temps lol , how do i check my temps on my laptop? is there a dowloadable temp program, my last p4 3.0ghz ran only at 40C

Back
Top Bottom