PLEASE HELP Loud Screeching Noise From New Motherbaord?

Drain You

In Runtime
Ok so I just switched everything , and I connected everything on my new motherboard, and when I turn it on I get a loud screeching noise until I power it off. Its a Abit kn9 SLi

Everything installed properly? video card seated correctly? Memory firmly seated in the slots?

make sure everything (I mean Every little slot) is connected firmly. Then retry to power it back on. If it is still beeping, make sure that you are not missing anything that is supposed to be plugged in onto the mobo. If you think you are missing anything, refer back to the owners manual, and make sure it is correct.

ok so the noise is coming from my 8800GTS cause when I take it out the noise stops. What do you guys think I should do? I seated and reseated it no luck.

ok so I have another problem now, I get the noise to stop but when I turn it on nothing happens, all the fans will go on fine but nothing will show up on screen

he probably took the 8800 out. well of course there isnt gonna be anything. the monitor not connected to a grpahics card after u took it out. or did u use a diff gpu instead of the 8800 to try? or did u use the integrated one?

as for teh screaching on the video card, try blowing it out with canned air. just to make sure that nothing like dust is in it's tracks.

Lol, im almost positive its that he didn't plug the pcie power connecter to the video card, the 8800s do that to warn you it isnt connected.

Back
Top Bottom