Please Help!! I am @ the mercy of you all!!!

Looking4Laptop

Beta member
Hey all I am looking to buy a laptop at the weekend and i do not know what to buy i am really stuck and need help urgently!!

I play EVE online and am looking to upgrade my current laptop. I have £700 to spend and need a big screen, i think its 17.3 ?. I am not a tech person and I know nothing about laptops. Graphics cards, ram, processor, its all jargon to me and i really need help.

I am not looking to build my own or anything thats for all you smart guys. Im really just looking to find something that is a bargain for £700 and last me a good few years till i can afford one of those alienware things.

Again I am the newbie scum you are the master please take pity and help!!

That site seems to be US, I live in the UK now. And it looks like they do not deliver to uk. Shame its awsome site

Last edited:
Don't save up for an Alienware they terrible quality, overpriced and dell's customer service is horrid^^^ If I were you I would either save up for a Digital Storm computer or build your own :)

I'd say to just google for "laptop manufacturer reviews 2012" and see what brands have the highest ratings. Then just go to that manufacturer's website and see if there's a laptop finder section. Looking at the minimum requirements for the game you mentioned, it looks like nearly any new computer will be able to run it fine, especially if you're looking at a 17" model.

What else do you do on your computer other than that one game? If it's just general web-browsing, email, word processing, etc, then you should be fine with, again, pretty much any new computer. In that case, the biggest thing you'd want to look at is the customer service and reliability of the brand. Once you find a laptop you think is a good fit, try googling that model and see the reviews (you can look on sites like Newegg or Amazon and see what those reviews say as well).
Also, if you think you have found a computer that fits, you could reply here with the model (or start a new thread) and see what this community thinks about it. We can tell you if there's anything "bad" about it and possibly give you better suggestions.

You really should consider building your own in the future. It will save you a lot of money, the parts will be higher quality, and you'll learn some useful stuff. Last month, I didn't know the difference between a CPU and a PSU, and two weeks later I had built my own custom gaming rig. It's not nearly as complicated as you imagine. There are only 8 basic parts.

I started by watching neweggtv's 3-part "how to build a computer" series on YouTube. Then I selected all my parts, and posted the list here for advice. Based on that advice, I changed a couple things, bought the parts, and put them together. It was a fun project.

Back
Top Bottom