pentium mmx upgrade

Istonian

Daemon Poster
My friend wants to upgrade his pentium mmx which is a pentium one with mmx support. Is there any upgrades for it?

Heh, is there even any point in upgrading that?

What's the current speed? (ex. 233 MHz) Either way, I doubt you'll find an upgrade for it.

I thought the same thing, but we are on a tight tight tight budget. Meaning like a Pentium 3 or something off ebay. I didn't think we would find an upgrade either bc I think his proc socket is different.

istonian said:
I thought the same thing, but we are on a tight tight tight budget. Meaning like a Pentium 3 or something off ebay. I didn't think we would find an upgrade either bc I think his proc socket is different.
Pentium III's are a different socket than Pentium I's. It won't fit. You'd need another Pentium I.

heres a great idea
get a new computer that can log on to the forums with out taking 5 horus

lol, I wish he could, but he has no monies. I pretty much knew this thread was a waste. his computer does do surprisingly well considering the proc and 128 mb of RAM. It would take about 30 seconds to get on the forums.

Exactly how much money does he have? Prebuilt computers can be real cheap, even if they are just Celerons or Semprons.

Overclock that thing till it fries. Then he has an excuse to get a new computer. :D

Back
Top Bottom