Pentium D 830 & Pentium 4 630

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
wot is the best CPU for gaming Pentium D 830 or Pentium 4 630?

Pentium 4 630 3GHz has HT Technology 2MB L2 Cache

Pentium D 830 3GHz 2MB L2 Cache (1MB per core)

Even though the Pentium D isnt made for gaming, I would go for that one simply because its dual cored, and running 3ghz. It'll help in gaming, even though every game isnt incorporating dual core, it's the better bet. The P4 630 is still good, but will soon be outdated.

true, do ya think all the intel 600 r getting outdated? i can only have the 600s and 800s in my motherboard :( coz i cant have a 65nm in, wel i can put it only runs single core, but ppl on the asus website say that the 900s work both cores on it soo i dont no

The Pentium D is more future proof and not to mention a better multitasking processor. I'd get the Pentium D over the Pentium 4 if I was you. Plus, if I can recall, isn't the Pentium D a higher frequency processor?

with it bein dual core, is that way it hasnt got HT on, i think they only 1s that have HT r the extreme editions, i would of thought it would be better 2 put HT on all the Pentium D, not just the extreme editions.

They did that to separate the classes of processors. If you want to pay more, you'll get the better processor. In essence, the Intel D's are the same as the Intel Extreme dual cores, but with hyperthreading.

In reality Hyper Threading Technology really isn't all that great. To an extent it actually decreases performance in certain applications, such would be games. This si why they benchmark the Intel Pentium D 955 Extreme Edition with HT enabled and a then disabled, more often then not in games the 955XE without HT enabled wins.

Although when running say, Photoshop or other programs where multitasking comes in handy, the 955XE with HT enabled will win in terms of how fast it can load the specific application. In other words, it really varies on what you want HT for and what you plan to run with it. In some cases HT doesn't even help at all, whch is why you only see HT enabled on the 955XE processor and not the other Presler CPUs. :)

Back
Top Bottom