pci x1 blues!!

drlalitv

Solid State Member
hi! i got a HIS X1550 pci x1 compatible GPU for my dell optiplex 210L. the problem is that the GPU has dual DVI and hence doesnt fit in the pci slot unless i cut the extra one.is there any way out like perhaps a slot extender or something??cutting the gpu might be tough!thanx!:(

i think his optiplex only accepcts low profile cards and he has a normal card with dual dvi

i also think he means pci express 16x or does the connecter really look like this in actual size

----- --------

hey i got it to work!its a low profile x1 pci express card and the Aero is damn cool now!! i had to unscrew one of the DVI and now it fits well..the problem now is that i am unable to play my PULSE DVD in win media player 11,its says some compatibilty issue with the GPU etc..it plays in WIN DVD 8 without problems!any solutions? thanks!!:)

hey i got it to work!its a low profile x1 pci express card and the Aero is damn cool now!! i had to unscrew one of the DVI and now it fits well..the problem now is that i am unable to play my PULSE DVD in win media player 11,its says some compatibilty issue with the GPU etc..it plays in WIN DVD 8 without problems!any solutions? thanks!!:)

Thats cuz u need a DvD codec for WMP (darn microsoft tryingto get the most money out of us)

Back
Top Bottom