PC sound system - wall mounting

danielstevens

Solid State Member
Hello

i'm just about to take delivery of a PC that comes with the Altec Lansing 251 5.1 Surround Sound System:

http://www.alteclansing.com/product_details_intl.asp?pID=251&region=europe&country_code=gb

I assume the satellite speakers don't come with any fittings to make wall mounting possible. I have no shelfs behind the desk my PC will sit on so will need to mount the rear speakers on the wall. Can anyone recommend or suggest some appropriate fittings of fixtures to mount the rear sats on the wall.

many thanks for help

Daniel

You will need some anchor screws and such. I have my logitechs mounted. You should be able to just reverse the stands on the bottom into the other direction which will then make the speakers be in the right direction for wall mounting.

Just get some of those plastic anchor this pound them into the wall then take the screws ad screw them in so the speakers are securely mounted,

This is all assuming you wall is hallow and is made of sheet rock though.

I was recently blessed with a 160 watt quad samsung reciever and a set of Pioneer hpm-40 bookshelf speakers with a rear set of high powered sony bookshelfs. Gaming from this system is tremendous and music is like my neighbors don't bitch about volume. I had to mention this for two reasons-
1-I paid $15.00 for the sanyo in great shape.
2-I paid $20 for the pioneers in excellent shape.

The sonys where a gift at $5

I got this stuff at My local Salvation Army Store.

Ive scored several nice monitors, Excellent keyboards, cables, cords,power supplies, Software, and alot more.

I guess this is a plug for your local second hand charities.

With some intelligent testing-youd be amazed at what you might find.

Back
Top Bottom