Pc Running Unstable

libety

Solid State Member
I just build a new gear, and its not running well
I have a 550W power supply
A Core2Quad 2.66Ghz processor on a MSI P7N SLI Platinum motherboard
4 Harddisks in it....
My GPU is a XFX Nvidia Geforce 8600GT x1
My regular CPU usage varies between 20-60 without me doing anything on the computer, and i do not know why...
I'm running a 32bit Windows 7, but when i ran a XP 64Bit it ran all well with no problems on a 250W PSU
When i put XP 32Bit it didn't run right, it was unstable...64 Bit keeps running fine
I found BIOS update on the site to support 1TB Harddisk with a few other things
I'm about to flash but im not sure that will help my pc much...

Any suggestions?

Unstable in what way? Blue screens, sudden freezes, general unresponsiveness, slow / freezing boot ups?

Have you checked for Spyware/Malware?

lol, like i said, i just installed Windows 7 so its not that
as soon as i installed a 32 bit it started freezing and stuff
i have the same Windows 7 as i have on my laptop so the operating system isn't it

Unstable in what way? Blue screens, sudden freezes, general unresponsiveness, slow / freezing boot ups?

unstable as in it boots up all right and when it comes to using, lets say, when i play call of duty it plays fine, after 20 seconds, it freezes for 5 seconds and then plays smooth again....it freezes just like when ur CPU hits 100% so it freezes but u know that the pc is still alive
and the same thing happens when i play PSX2

when i transfer files from/to my 1TB it drains allot out of my computer as in if i do anything else at the same time it will freeze

when i used to have the 250watt PSU it froze after a few seconds booting up windows at the start up or just a lil later....

i doubt i need a bigger PSU than the one i have cuz my friend has a bigger core2quad (2.9Ghz) then me and he's using 500W with a GTX GPU inside...
and it runs smoothly

how much does it have to be?

Temp.png

Dear God, man. Did you build this yourself? There's something seriously wrong here. Don't turn it back on until we get this problem sorter or you're going to cook your CPU.

Back
Top Bottom