PC randomly turns off

codral said:
ah i'll have a look in the event veiwer (once i find it) and it still happens with just the 512. The 1 gig doesnt work by itself in any slots

Thx so far guys

well then the chances are that the 1gb stick is broken.
If u only have the 512 in does the problem still occur? U could also try running memtest, it's a good way of checking if the ram is okay. It won't tell u which stick is broken, but it will tell u if there is a problem with the ram.

the 1 gig stick was like that from the shop, i thought it must be imcompatible with the mobo and thats why it only works with the 512 mb stick in as well, where do i get mem test?

And could that first error above, be causing my pc to just crash?

yeh you pretty much did, erm 2 problems, 1st i dont have a floppy drive, 2nd im running windows, and it doesnt have windows instructions

Suggestions? :p

im to stupid to burn a ISO and i dont have nero so i'll give the 2nd one a shot, thx guys

codral said:
OK i let it go for 40 minutes and there was no errors

what to try next?

Well i would try it overnight, and preferably with a DOS based tester coz i think their more reliable. Might be worth testing ya harddrive aswell, with a diagnostic tool from the manufacturers website, but thats another thing that needs booted into DOS

Back
Top Bottom