PC TO PC FILE TRANSFERS-- Wirelessly

dedb33t

In Runtime
Hey forumers,

Well, Yesterday I finished building my computer. And I just setup all the wireless etc.. Now Im just wondering, How do I transfer files from the main computer (The one with the router), To the one with the lan card (The one that Im on now)..

Is there a program to do this? Im using NetGear but the CD only includes software to connect etc... Do I just enter an IP adress into the address Bar?

The main computer doesn't have a DVD burner and I cant burn all that stuff onto a CD-R so yeah, If anyone can help that would be good. Thanks in advance :D

If you've got a LAN set up, just copy what you want to transfer into your shared documents folder.

oh.. Well I dunno If I have a LAN set up.. I assume I do because if i go to my router page it gives me the IP adress of my LAN (For lan gaming reasons)... Hang on I'll try your Idea though

--What shared folder do you mean? ... The main computer with the LAN only has one connection, My default one from the ISP that Im with. But the one that im on now has two connections... One wireless and one umm that says 1394 Connection :S

So yeah I dunno what to do :S

If you go into 'my network places' you can set up a network, so your computers can see each other. Also in there, you should see 2 shared documents folders, one on each computer. Have you got both computers connected to a router?

No. THe main computer has a router and my computer has a wireless card.. oh yeah then they are both connected to a router.. I'll try that thing now

I cant find that thing.. Well If I go to add network place then pick a connection to connect to.. I see MSHOME which is probably the name of my wireless.. But I cant click on OK.

MSHOME is the name of your workgroup, all the computers need this name, then you need to give ya computers a computer name, like laptop or desktop etc (these need to be different). Also you need to logg onto both computers with the same name and password. What OS are you using?

Back
Top Bottom